Conversion Rate Optimization Lead - SAAS Marketing
Palo Alto Software is looking for an experienced Conversion Rate Optimization Lead to join our exceptional team.
The Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist is a pivotal player in driving growth and lead engagement for Palo Alto Software's flagship product, LivePlan. As an integral member of the acquisition team, your role centers on implementing innovative strategies across the entire funnel, with a strong focus on conversion optimization, copywriting, and data-driven decision-making.
You'll be a versatile marketer skilled in funnel strategy and CRO, primarily focusing on creating high-value leads and guiding them through the buyer's journey. Your expertise in funnel creation, testing, conversion optimization, and lead nurturing will be essential in transforming visitors to our marketing and content sites into engaged leads and, ultimately, longtime product users. Your crucial efforts will reinforce LivePlan's status as the leading planning solution for small businesses and startups.
This is a full-time, permanent, exempt position reporting to the Acquisition Manager. The starting pay may range from $80,000 to $90,000 per year, depending on experience.
About our company & Eugene, Oregon
We’re a friendly team of nearly 70 diverse, world-class experts. Each team member demonstrates our company values while adding positive contributions to our culture. Please review our culture at this link.
Next, visit liveplan.com to learn how our products help achieve our mission to help people succeed in business. We believe that when we help one small business owner grow their business, we’re helping an entire community.
Our employees are independent thinkers and creative problem-solvers who enjoy our hybrid work arrangement and flexible schedules. Our leadership approach combines structure and autonomy, creating aligned innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. See our statement on equity, diversity, and inclusion here.
Our location in Eugene supports access to exciting and challenging work in a growing tech scene in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Eugene’s commute times and our drinking water from the McKenzie River Watershed are some of the best in the nation, and homes are more affordable than you’d find in Portland, Seattle, or the Bay Area.
Benefits we provide:
- Hybrid work
- Flexible work schedule and no-meeting Fridays
- Career development & free books
- Competitive salary & bonuses
- Health / Vision / Dental / Ortho
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care FSA
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Remote health services app
- Paid time off increases yearly
- Paid holidays and Winter Break
- Paid community volunteer time and grant committee
- 401(k) with a match
- Paid Leave Oregon
- Long-term disability & life insurance
- Discounted gym membership or wellness program rewards
- LiveWell committee events
- Parking or commuting benefit
- Inclusive, values-based culture
- And much more
About this role:
Key Responsibilities & Results:
Monetization & Funnel Strategy:
- Develop and execute monetization strategies for LivePlan's online assets, including Bplans.com, LivePlan site, and blog, integrating email campaigns for lead nurturing and conversion optimization.
- Collaborate with content and paid advertising teams to ensure seamless integration and alignment of strategies for attracting and converting high-value leads.
- Continuously analyze and refine the user journey within the funnel to identify and reduce friction points, enhancing user experience and conversion rates.
- Ensure brand consistency and compliance in all email communications, leveraging HubSpot CRM for efficiency and effectiveness.
Monetization & Funnel Strategy Key Results:
- Increased revenue generation from top-of-funnel (TOFU) and middle-of-funnel (MOFU) traffic sources.
- Higher engagement metrics, such as time spent on site, pages viewed, and interaction rates with interactive elements you bring to the funnel such as pre-sales tools.
- Increased conversion rates from all email campaigns, leading to higher customer signups and increased average selling price.
Conversion Rate Optimization:
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of website optimization strategies to improve conversion rates across all stages of the funnel.
- Conduct comprehensive A/B testing to refine web page layouts, ad copy / placement, and user pathways.
- Utilize analytics and user feedback to continuously improve the website experience, ad / CTA units, focusing on conversion rate improvements.
- Develop targeted messaging based on user goals, pathways, and segments aimed to increase click-through, engagement, and overall conversion rates
Conversion Rate Optimization Key Results:
- Significant improvement in overall websites’ conversion rates and predicted customer lifetime values, demonstrated through pre- and post-optimization campaigns, tests, and funnels implemented.
- Successful implementation of A/B tests leading to actionable insights and tangible improvements in user experience.
- Increased ad CTR and ECR throughout our network of properties.
What you bring to the job:
- Passion for Funnels and Conversion Optimization: You have a profound passion for creating, optimizing, and refining funnels. Your expertise lies in understanding and enhancing the user journey for maximum conversion using innovative CRO techniques.
- Copywriting and Persuasion Skills: Your strength is in crafting compelling, conversion-focused copy. You understand the power of words in guiding users to action, whether it's through website content, ad copy, or email communication.
- Expertise in A/B Testing and Data Analysis: You are adept at setting up, executing, and analyzing A/B tests. Your analytical acumen enables you to sift through data, identify key performance indicators, and use these insights to drive strategic decisions.
- Organizational and Project Management Prowess: You excel at managing projects, coordinating with multiple teams, and ensuring that all efforts align with the overarching conversion goals. You are adept at keeping projects on track, within budget, and aligned with strategic objectives.
- CRM and Marketing Automation Skills: Proficiency with CRM platforms like HubSpot is crucial. You understand how to use these tools for efficient marketing automation and conversion.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning and Improvement: You are always eager to learn and stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing, especially in areas related to conversion rate optimization and user experience.
- Collaborative and Communicative: Your ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively ensures that strategies are well-understood and implemented across different teams, contributing to a cohesive marketing effort
Relevant education and experience: The following contributes to success in this role, but isn’t required if you have demonstrated abilities to be successful in this kind of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience selling a software product or subscription-based product is preferred but not required.
- Experience with GA4 preferred.
- Experience with CRM (preferably Hubspot) and marketing automation tools is required. This includes an understanding of their functionalities and best practices.
- Prior experience in content marketing, understanding the intricacies of the user journey, and crafting strategies to bridge content to conversion
Marketing Team Values:
The marketing team exists to build the digital infrastructure that supports a successful business model at Palo Alto Software. We do this by effectively communicating the value of our products and services to the many industries and customer personas we serve, resulting in a growing customer base month over month. We constantly strive to work with our product, sales, and support teams to attract and delight customers.
- Core values of the Marketing team (the 6 C’s):
- Communication and clear expectations
- Character and camaraderie
- Creativity and innovation
- Coordination and well-managed process
Work-Life: Where and when you work is arranged between you and your manager. Full-time, permanent positions are for Oregon residents, only. Employees may sometimes work remotely, following our remote work guidelines.