Palo Alto Software is seeking an ambitious Sales Representative to help continue to expand our sales capabilities and overall reach while impacting the development of a new, world-class product. We have been the world’s leader in business planning software for nearly twenty years with our flagship products LivePlan.com and Bplans.com. More recently, our company has started marketing our newest product, Outpost, the best email tool for team collaboration, transparency, and accountability.
Successful candidates will bring a sense of excitement for the entrepreneurial aspects of this role. Palo Alto Software is a well-established company, and Outpost is essentially an in-house startup company that this role will help develop. In addition to a positive sales-driven work ethic, we’re looking for someone who can participate in sales channel development and lead generation, while also providing real-world feedback to our Marketing and Product leads.
Duties and Responsibilities
The core focus of this role is converting good-fit business customers to demo/trial and ensuring trial users convert to paid users. Success in this effort will require you to:
- Contact and qualify new leads in existing and new sales channels
- Help qualify entire industries for their potential as sales targets
- Develop strategies and partnerships to provide a continually improving lead flow
- Collaborate with the team's director for overall strategic planning, as well as our Outpost Product & Marketing team for product details
- Ensure daily/weekly/monthly success by sharing status updates with your team
- Track all communications related to sales using our internal CRM and project management tools
- Close Outpost sales deals that are an appropriate fit for our product and for the customers’ needs
- Ask your team for help when needed
- Maintaining a general spirit of professional development, creativity, and curiosity
- Get people to love Outpost and use it every day - like we do!
- 3+ years of successful sales experience
- Proven track record, including ability to share metrics related to sales process, sales pending, and sales closed
- Bachelor's degree in communications, business, marketing, or a related field
- Experience developing and delivering product demos and presentations
- Highly motivated and self-sufficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to sell by email, over the phone, and in-person
- Comfortable using screen-sharing tools (i.e. GoTo Meeting, Join.me)
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Excellent organization and social skills
- Excellent online research skills (including knowing how to identify decision-makers)
- Ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to adapt quickly to internal processes and procedures
- Possess the skills to be independent, motivated and results-driven on establishing new business, following through with communications with all accounts and being held accountable for the growth of Outpost
- Travel is infrequent and focused, less than 5% of work hours (if any)
- An innate ability to adapt to the evolving needs of the company and this role, as we gain customers, industry alliances, and strategic partners over time
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience in software as a service (SaaS) sales would be an advantage
- Experience in the SMB software market
- Experience selling to a variety of industries and types of small businesses
- Passion to work with people who love helping small businesses across the US and the world. These people will be your peers AND your customers.
- Passion and interest in startups, entrepreneurship and small businesses is a big plus since that's the core of what we do and who we serve.
Want to impress me? Email me a paragraph or two highlighting a firm or organization you would sell Outpost to, including who you would contact, how you’d reach out to them, why they should be using Outpost, and what the sales cycle might look like (in a perfect world). Feel free to ask me any questions that can help guide your thinking.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director of Business Development & Sales, and working closely with our Marketing and Product development leads. Compensation consists of a healthy base salary to support development and testing work, plus strong commission on sales and goals met, to ensure a long-term growth trajectory. This position includes an excellent benefits package.
We value independent thinking, creative problem-solving, family and work-life balance, and a rewarding work culture. Living and working in Eugene supports the best of all worlds—interesting and challenging work in a growing tech scene delivering world-class technology from right here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Eugene’s commute times were rated best in the nation and homes are more affordable than you’d find in Seattle or the Bay Area.
- Competitive Salary
- Health / Vision / Dental / Ortho
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with a match
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Team Collaboration
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Community Involvement
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Fun Company Events
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Exceptional Work Environment
- Daily Snacks
- And Much More!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re looking for passion, talent, and curiosity. If this sounds like the right challenge to use and grow your skills, apply with us today!